- The NP100 upgrade is available in kit form. It consists of a fully assembled and tested circuit. Installation is easy: you just unsolder the old circuit board and install the new one; and remove the old MOSFETs and connect the new bipolar transistors. However it is not a beginner-level kit and I can't offer a lot of technical support. Schematics and wiring diagram are provided.
- The cost for the SA-12/100 upgrade kit is the same price as the upgrade. Refer to http://www.altavistaaudio.com/np100.html for upgrades pricing.
- I cannot offer a discount for the kit (compared to doing the upgrade) because my costs are same.
- The parts cost is the same.
- The labor cost to build and test the boards is the same.
- The boards must be installed in an amplifier for final testing and adjusting.
- Then the boards must be removed from the amplifier and packed for shipping.
This kit is intended for customers overseas who wish the avoid the high cost of shipping their amplifier to me for upgrade.
Please click here to view a sketch of how the kit is to be wired into the chassis.